Skills covered in Games!
Skills covered in Playbooks
1. Identify and Count Groups, Arrange things in Pairs
2. Less than, More than, Skip counting by 2, 5, 10
3. Addition facts: adding by making 10s,Number Names for number less than 120 (verbal and written)
1. Skip counting by 2's, 5's, 10's upto and beyond 100 using various activities
2. Adding by 10's using different activities
3. Subtracting by 10's using different activities
1. Counting Strategies: Counting On from a given number applied in different contexts and activities
2. Counting Strategies: Doubles. Using doubles facts for solving addition sums
3. Counting Strategies: Near Doubles. Extending the doubles strategy to add numbers which are near doubles.
1. Counting Strategies: Making 10's/Bridging to 10 for numbers less than 50
2. Decomposing a number leading to a 10. Ex: 14-5 is the same as 14-4-1
3. Relationship between Addition and Subtraction. Using this understanding to solve various problems
1. Addition and subtraction of 2 digit numbers using screened tasks.
2. Multiplication as repeated addition.
3. Multiplication as equal groups
4. Understand the multiplication sign
1. Express the length of one object as a number of units of other objects (ex: a 30 cm scale is TWO 15 cm scales long without any gaps/overlaps).
2. a) Estimate quantities and lengths using non standard units. ex: "How many glasses of water is present in a bottle?", "How many scales/rulers are needed to measure your height?" etc. b) Estimate the number of objects in a set and verify later by counting them.
3. Order and compare three or more similar objects according to their lengths and masses.
Volume 8 :
1. a) Introduction to standard tools of measurement such as rulers and measuring tapes. b) Understand that each centimeter is a 'unit'. c) Measure the length of an object( a plank, a piece of thread or rope, height of a person, waist size, bicep size, etc) by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers and measuring tapes.
2. a) Measure to compare lengths of similar objects and to determine how much longer one object is than another b) Tell the difference in lengths as a subtraction problem (using standard measuring units like cm).
Volume 9 :
1. Understand concept of time and duration in terms of day and night and seasons of the year
2. Understand how time is denoted ( as O'clock)
3. Understand, on a clock, what 'quarter past' and 'quarter to' mean
4. Understand what 'half past' mean
1. Concept of 'value' and 'exchange of goods and services' in simple terms
2. Understand the concept of 'change'. i,e how many coins/notes will you get back if you give a Rs.100 note to buy a candy worth Rs.80