Skills covered in Games!
Skills covered in Playbooks!
Volume 1 :
1. Visual Multiplication, equal groups
2. Multiplying by 10 & Number Names (4-5 digit no.s)
3. Using Place Value to Solve Multiplication
4. Expanded Form and number names(Indian and International) of 4,5 digit no.s
1. Addition of 2 digit numbers
2. Round numbers to the nearest 10 and 100.
3. Multiply two 2-digit numbers based on place value(Expanded form) + Write the Number names of products after multiplication.
Volume 3 :
1. Properties of addition and subtraction (commutative, distributive and associative).
2. Counting strategies: Adding and Subtracting using compensation strategies.
3. Relationship between addition and subtraction: inverse relation
1. Array(Box) method of multiplication.
2. Area model of multiplication
3. Division as equal sharing.
Volume 4 :
1. Multiplication: Doubling and Halving strategy
2. Adding Two Known Facts Together/Compensate: 8x9 = 8x4+8x5
ex: 83x34 = 83x30+83x4
3. Multiplication strategies: Making use of Factors: 7x6 = 7x3x2
Volume 5 :
1. Inverse relationship between Multiplication and Division
2. Estimation: Addition and Subtraction
3. Estimation: Multiplication and Division
Volume 6 :
1. Fractions 1: Understand that fractions are numbers. Discover fractions in everyday life: p/q form, percents
2. Fractions 2: Pie and Share models of fractions. Name the fractions
3. Fractions on a Number-line. Word problems involving proper and improper fractions representation. Name the fractions
Volume 7 :
1. Fractions 4: Equivalent fractions
2. Fraction 5: Adding and subtracting two simple fractions (p/q, p<q): i) same numerator and denominator, ii) same denominator, diff. numerators
3. Fraction 6: Adding and subtracting two simple fractions(p/q, p<q): iii) same numerators,diff denominators iv) diff. numerators and denominators
Volume 8 :
1. Linear measurements(lengths, distances, perimeter etc), units used to measure and tools that are used to measure. Make activities where the kids themselves have to do the measurement and note the data using the right units.
2. Area measurement:
3. Angle measurement
4. Converting units
Volume 9 :
1. Identifying and describing different 2-d shapes and figures using their attributes. Categorizing them into a particular type (for ex: Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Polygons etc)
2. Identifying 2d and 3d mirror images. Identifying and matching different orientations of the 3d objects.
Volume 10 :
1. Understand the need for data representation. Understand the different ways we represent data: types of graphs etc
2. Observing basic number/picture patterns and trends. Observing and noticing outliers or anomalies in the data.